A unique close fitting hoof boot designed to keep wounds, poultices and dressings clean. The boot is designed using flexible and light materials to enable easy fitting and as a cost effective alternative to adhesive bandage and tape. Perfect for aiding treatment of abscesses, punctured soles, and bruised soles.
- Can be used with or without shoes
- Suitable for repeated use
- Tread on sole for improved grip
- Kevlar interior for added durability
- Unique diagonal zipper design to prevent zip from opening
This boot is suitable for use in the stable and can be used on sensible horses in the paddock. Bearing this in mind, exuberant horses and those having undertaken a period of stall rest may damage the boot by standing on it or doing racing stops. In these situations consider using a more traditional poultice for the first day turned out. Click for sizing chart and instructions or to see a video on fitting.
To get the best out of your Medical Hoof Boot:
- Do not use boot while horse is being ridden.
- Please measure accurately, as incorrect sizing can result in damage to the boot.
- Do not use the Medical Hoof Boot in place of an overreach boot to prevent shoe loss.
- An overreach boot should be used to cover the Medical Hoof Boot on both front and hind hooves; this will protect both the horse and boot from damage. We recommend Woof Wear’s Kevlar Overreach Boot or Pro Overreach Boot (pg. 185 and 186 of the 2016/2017 Toklat Catalog).
We expect the boot to last 2-3 weeks under normal circumstances with many customers finding they last much longer. The boot is not indestructible and is not guaranteed against breakage due to the horse standing on the boot.